Start > Blog > Registration for VAT in Poland

Registration for VAT in Poland

Magda Olszewska

Last update: 01.11.2021
Magda Olszewska

In this article we describe the process of the registration for VAT and deregistration from VAT in Poland.

Registration for VAT

The entrepreneurs are obliged to register for the polish VAT bevor taking up the activities taxable in Poland.

The foreign entrepreneurs that do not have Polish tax identification number (NIP) should in the first place apply for the issuance of the NIP number. The application is to be filed on the NIP-7 for (in case of the natural persons) or on the NIP-2 form (in case of legal persons).

The application to register to VAT is to be filed on the VAT-R form and is usually sent to the tax office together wit the application for the NIP number.

What additional documents are to be submitted?

In case of foreign taxpayers, the tax office usually demands submission of additional documents:

  • The confirmation of the VAT registration in the country of residence,
  • Extract from the commercial register or confirmation of the business registration.

All additional documents should be submitted to the office as sworn translations.

Where are the documents to be sent?

The documents are to be sent to the competent tax office. In Poland is the Second Tax Office Warsaw-Downtown competent for the VAT settlements of all foreign entrepreneurs. The documents are to be sent to the following address:

Drugi Urząd Skarbowy Warszawa – Śródmieście
ul. Jagiellońska 15
03-719 Warszawa

Deregistration from the VAT

The entrepreneurs, who have stopped carrying out taxable activities, are obliged to deregister from VAT. The deregistration is to be filed on the VAT-Z form.

What can we do for you?

We support our clients by the VAT registration in Poland. We prepare all the necessary forms and documents and submit them to the tax office. We respond to the queries of the tax authorities and solve ongoing issues.

My name ist Magda Olszewska. I’m Polish Tax Advisor and leader of the Olszewska Tax Consulting. I write posts regularly for our blog on the tax issues which we deal with in our praxis.

If you have any questions or would like to inquire about our advisory services, please feel free to contact me.

Previous entry:
🡨 Import tax

Weitere Beiträge